Membership is a solemn commitment. To this Fraternity, the maker of the commitment becomes synonymous with the commitment itself. Membership in Kappa Alpha Psi is a lifelong dedication to the ideas and lofty purposes of the fraternity, which considers for membership only those aspirants whose personal, social, and academic qualifications are acceptable to both the college and fraternity.
Expectations concerning maturity and dedication are made upon new members and established members alike. To us, maturity is more than simply reaching a certain age. Maturity means acceptance of reality, the ability to sacrifice, set goals, consideration of others, incisive judgment, emotional balance, development of social skills, intellectual competence, and moral rectitude. Dedication means putting those characteristics of maturity into a lifelong program of action to advance the goals and purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. We expect our members to be both mature and dedicated.
Kappa Alpha Psi is not interested in the simple accumulation of members and chapters. Its emphasis, however, is in the quality and integrity of its membership. Membership quality manifests itself through an intangible element of brotherhood we call “That Good Old Kappa Spirit.” Acceptable qualities of Kappa Men include:
- The disposition to live in close companionship with men of similar values.
- The wisdom to abide by the will of the majority without sacrificing individuality.
- The discretion to refrain from destructive criticism while seeking to remove the causes of such criticism.
- The acceptance of responsibility for any effort that moves the group forward.
- The desire to strive for, and ultimately achieve, excellence in everything you do.
- The commitment to train for leadership.
- The resolution to give lifelong financial support and commitment to the maintenance and development of the fraternity’s programs and purposes.
Still interested in becoming a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.? Please complete the form below and a representative of the Orlando (FL) Alumni Chapter will contact you. Thank you!